Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Grandpas Feeder in the mail today that I won in the contest, thanks to Chicken Forum and Grandpas Feeders. I will get it set up in one of the runs in a day or two and let ya know what the chicks think of it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Congrats!

Look forward to hearing all about it!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After filling it with scratch, they are finally getting used to it a little. The noise of the lid shutting scares them a little. I am waiting to get some rain to see how well it is rainproof, but more to come.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I appreciate winning the feeder even more now, I just went to their website, yes, they do sell a larger one, but I was shocked to see the price of the one I won, 195.00 plus shipping, I love this even more now! The cost seems high, but the food not getting wet, plus the amount of waste, almost none, would make up for that price in no time!

·
172 Posts
image-2750975346.jpg
I have read that some people were concerned about a chicken coming in from the side while others stand on the lever. Which could cause the chicken on the side to get her head caught inside the unit. What are your thoughts Jim?

Attachments

·
Banned
825 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts