Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
977 Posts
I haven't ate any of my own but we have bought one at Hannafords. You have to cook it just right and it takes awhile. I believe so its drains out all the fat. I liked it a lot. I don't like dark meat so I figured I wouldn't like it but I was wrong. It was good. We have hatched out some Pekin ducklings from our adults. We have sold most of them, what we don't sell we are suppose to try to eat. Still not sure I wanna do that!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kaufranc said:
I haven't ate any of my own but we have bought one at Hannafords. You have to cook it just right and it takes awhile. I believe so its drains out all the fat. I liked it a lot. I don't like dark meat so I figured I wouldn't like it but I was wrong. It was good. We have hatched out some Pekin ducklings from our adults. We have sold most of them, what we don't sell we are suppose to try to eat. Still not sure I wanna do that!
Okay thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Oh yes duck is very good eats ! I actually prefer duck over chicken any day but my DH won't let me butcher any of our ducks. Which is funny cause when I started with ducks and chickens he knew my intentions were for meat and eggs lol now the ducks are pets and for eggs only. This year I told my husband since I can't butcher my own ducks he's going duck hunting for some! lol (he's an avid hunter so of course he's fine with that)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts