Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
one of the funniest sights is to see chicks a couple months old racing around with frogs, mice etc- they really remind me they are raptors!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I found a dead rat in the chook run with quite a few bits missing. Don't know what (or who) killed it but there were no ill effects from poison at least

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe if I show my hubby that picture he'll put my chicken coop to the top of his Honey do list . :). All 4 of our dogs are worthless when it comes to pest control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone worried about diseases the chickens could contract from mice and rats? We found a dead rat in the coop and there were some pieces missing and it freaked me out!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have mouse that visits the run at night looking for food,found him in the hanging feeder one evening as in the winter its already dark when i get home from work. I'm sure if it appeared in the daytime hens would catch it after seeing your photo;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am amazed at the popularity of this photo on the forum Facebook page. I posted it to my Instagram account and was told, by a religious group of all things, that it was offensive. I didnt post to my Facebook page in case it freaked anyone out. I did post it to a food and farm forum I am a member of. They enjoyed it as well. It's just funny to see the spectrum of comments and opinions

·
Registered
40 Posts
I loved it! Thought it was fab. But I have also seen a rat and some mice by my pen so I am hoping my hens and rooster are dealing with it.:)

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
After watching a short film about a white frizzle Roo chasing a long haired black cat all over someone's back yard, I'm not too worried about the bunnies or squirrels that wander into my yard in Summer. I think the Roos will keep things in check and the ladies safe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts