Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chicks are set to hatch Sunday Im soo excited and im off Monday so its a bonus!!!!! I was wondering wat do u all think of putting marbles i the water. Weve had some drown in the past and i just read about this????

·
Registered
468 Posts
Perfect! I've read about 15 books on chickens they ALL say to do this! Or small rocks because they will drown. The marbles will be wonderful!

·
Chicken Lover
190 Posts
I highly suggest it! That's what I've been doing for years with all my chicks for at least a week or so. Don't wanna run the risk of those fluff balls drowning themselves! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I start mine out with the colored stones that go in fish tanks works great! After a few days I remove them, never hurts to be on the safe side. Also the chicks are attracted to the way they shine and learn how to drink that ways when they peck at them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my chicks were suppose to hatch today and still nothing..... I was kinda depressed so i was at buchheits and saw they had chicks sooo i bought 4 to make myself feel better!!!!! 1 turkin and 3 bantams..... Do turkins lay eggs???????

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Some eggs go past due and still hatch.

Congrats on the chicks, pics pls!!! As for the turkins, you got me curious so I looked. And this is what I found via google "It lays between 120-180 medium to large light brown eggs each year and has a meaty body usually weighing between 6-8 pounds." Hope that helps.

·
1,466 Posts
your bator might be running a little cold
yes yes i know it says the temp is rite on but it may not be so
also there could have been a temp spike, or maybe not?
some have had eggs hatch out at 25 days so don't give up on them just yet.

piglett

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks piglet and robo i think im gonna giv the eggs in the bator til after this weekend cuz u nvr know maybe i was off on my days.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts