Chicken Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Moe wants to play with them, Sadie wants to herd them lol.. she is more serious, while moe is goofy . The goats actually like moe more as he is actually more gentle , and sadie does the herding stalking rushing moves

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
It looks like fun!!!Sadie's herding instincts have kicked in.Put poison down for the rats under their quarters.The rats can bite the goats and cause infection,pass lice on to the goats and contaminate their food.I put poison under the coop in the fall and spring.If you do it regularly as maintenance,you can keep it under control.I use Just One Bite,it can be placed where water goes so it's perfect under housing.I think there are rats under the goose house,I saw what might be a path from under it to the chicken food.I put poison there 2 nights ago.I'm waiting now to find them dead to get rid of them. I read somewhere that geese will fight rats but I don't want to find out.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
My dogs killed a rat and brought it in when I was trying to get them in their crates. Hubs took it away from them and disposed of it. It was really healthy looking. Probably had been eating their dog food.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
I thought there were two. Did I miss something in my absence?

How much grief have they given you for breakouts?

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nope 3 always.
They broke out 3 times in the almost 2 years we had them. But they really are good and the only grief was they ate the bark off my apple trees so the trees died. That pissed me off as the trees were starting to give alot of apples

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Sorry, ROTFLMAO, I do remember warning you that they would be a challenge. Too bad I didn't know about the apple trees, there are ways to protect them.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah i laughted after. We had fencing around the apple trees. The goats removed it lol

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Too smart . But they are very loveable so that makes up for it lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'll always remember, the first day i got to the house in Spain (here) in September, my neighbour greeted me with 2 adorable goats, 1 white with blue eyes, 1 black and looks EXACTLY like inky! sadly they both died because they ate fertiliser or something. my Spanish isn't that good

41 - 60 of 66 Posts