Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Moe is good with the chickens and neighbors horses, so I'm hoping the goats too. Worse case he never interacts as we have fencing seperate the yard in 3 sections

Sent from my SM-G900V using Chicken Forum mobile app

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
They are awesome!!!! I really liked your sign,where did you get it?I had a standard goat and if he caught me off guard,he'd butt me from behind.Then the wrestling match started.He was a fun pet and I hope you and Bill enjoy your goats.P.S. my dog ate goat poop,too.LOL

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
More goat pics.

Sadie met the goats this morning and did great. Moe will have to wait a week longer

Checking out the stairs to the 2nd level in their house

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep. I sit there for hours on a cedar tree stump :)
I sit with the chickens to. Just hang for hours watching everyone. Put me with animals and I can spend every waking moment with them . I prefer animals over people, even since a kid lol. My parents always knew where I was , just find the animals and there I was lol

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So far so good. It will still take a few weeks to a month for both dogs to be good with the goats .

Moe says goat butt smells great. He is actually more slower when he goes up to them, vs Sadie who goes up to them to fast as scares them with her fast moves

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm not sure how big they will all get . I know the dwarf one shouldn't get that big, the other two should be a bit bigger then moe I think

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
My BF gave me a goat that she had bought thinking it was a dwarf.It grew into a standard size goat with horns.He liked to play and destroy the elderly neighbors new berry plants.I ended up giving him to my insurance agent as company for his wife's horse.He had a lot more room there with a pasture and big barn.My BF swears to this day that they ate him but they didn't.It's been a few years since I saw him last but he was happy.I've been talking to Dale about the Nigerian goats I want and he hasn't said no.I got all winter to work on him LOL

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I don't know how much my Billie weighed but he'd sneak up and butt me and the fight was on.He'd snort and rear and carry on.I went for the horns and we'd tangle until I could take him down.He didn't do it to any one but me,even when he was at my BF's house.I guess it was "our thing".

21 - 40 of 66 Posts