Goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Maryellen, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Maryellen

Maryellen Well-Known Member

The goats arrived Monday night:)

Inky is the black one. Aegon (Egan )is the pretty silver/white one and Moose is the brown one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Chicken Forum mobile app

chickenqueen likes this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, the silver is my favorite too.

Now the fun begins. I wonder if you can safely put collars on them so you can put your phone number on it for when the little devils go on adventures without your permission.

chickenqueen likes this.

3. Maryellen

We are ordering collars with the info on them, the breakaway kind. This way if they get loose they have I'd on them

4. Maryellen

5. robin416

Luckily, I was the only one with a goat in my area so every time Billie wandered off the people on the mountain would call me.

So, what was the final consensus after viewing each other? I know the first time Billie head butted our redbone hound that was the end of that association.

6. Maryellen

The fence kept them apart. Moe is trying to figure out what they are. He does however give a thumbs up on goat poop tasting good lol, I had him in their yard after they were kennel ed so I coukd do some work.

7. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

I love the goats!!!That's great that you got three different colors,makes for a nice looking herd.Keep us posted on their antics and aggravations like eating your prized rose bed....:D

8. Maryellen

They are coming around slowly, but that's ok. Today Inky and Bill (human) both got stung by hornets.

9. Maryellen

10. robin416

Ah, heck. I hope they're both OK. I hate getting stung. That poor baby probably had no clue why it hurt so bad.

11. Maryellen

They are fine. Bill got stung twice . I went out and got children's liquid benedryl to have on hand. Poor Inky was soo scared when he got stung

12. Maryellen

13. robin416

Still can't help but feel bad for the baby.

Love the sign btw.

14. Maryellen

Yeah I felt soo bad .. he had no clue what happened and was screaming and running all over.tgen he ran into his house crying:(

He is better now, we fenced off the hornet spot , sprayed the area and tonight at dark will attack it again

15. Maryellen

16. robin416

I know it doesn't take long for them to get over it but I know it broke both of your hearts that it happened at all.

That's not Moe, is it?

17. Maryellen

It's Sadie and moe in the grapes at the fence lol. They want to meet the goats but I'm going slow .
    Yeah I panicked. Called my friend who we got them from for advice on what to give for the sting.

18. robin416

Now I see Moe, I had to take another look at the pics when you said he was there.

Good old Benadryl. I've had to use it on my nosey dogs several times. Although several times it was from stepping on stinging things.

19. Maryellen

He is obsessed with them, he first was barking like crazy. Today he just watches and tries to smell them. He got to smell Egan's butt thru the fence and kissed Moose's nose.
    Sadie will meet them tomorrow as she is more level headed

20. robin416

I don't remember either of my dogs having an issue with Billie. Things went well until he head butted Leon. One time is all it took for Leon, he wanted nothing more to do with him.