Chicken Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sport has been hanging out with the chickens for a few days recovering from Pinkeye. Tomorrow morning, well or not, he is being reunited with the herd. Found our 13 month old Boer goat, who is a foot wide, inside the chicken coop today. The door is only 14 by 29 feet. Usually the chicken feeder is near the large door so we can easily fill it up when necessary, but not today.
Fence Plant Working animal Fawn Grass

Wood Door Building Floor Wall

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
My goats will try to push themselves through a 1x1 foot hole to get into the coop! They love that chicken food. The funny thing is that my goats have gotten so much calmer and quieter since I got the chickens. They aren't great at scaring off raccoons but they love to keep an eye on the girls and will start yelling if one escapes the confines of the fence. I can't wait for the day I see a chicken sitting on top of one. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sport is full blooded Boer. I live in meat goat country and he was abandoned at birth. Some ranchers around here do not want to be bothered bottle feeding and will look for someone who wants a free goat. He was only hours old when I got him as him momma pushed him out and then got up and left. It turns out Sport is special needs, something genetic went wrong. He is a sweetheart but just not like the other goats. He is a pet now. If I can find the time I really want to make him a pack goat, but finding the time to train is a constant struggle. I have done some training but not nearly enough. At least he will walk on a lead okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts