glad to see this forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by missouri100, Jun 26, 2012.

1. missouri100

missouri100 bantam

I have had bantams and guineas for most of my life. I love small bantams. The more widely varied the population the better. It is like a study in genetics trying to figure out who the parents were of the ones they hatch out. I love the guineas for the noise and bug collecting services.

The neighborhood fox got the last of my chickens about a year ago. It took him a year but he finally cleaned me out. I would fix up the hole he dug to get in the chicken coop and he would dig another. I didn't fill in one hole and put a live trap inside so if he used the hole again, I would have him. The trap set there untripped for 6 months, then he digs another hole. His best day and my worst was 19 chickens and hardly a loose feather in the chicken house.

I have a lot of funny stories concerning my chickens, as I am sure other people do. You need to start a category on the form for funny but true.

I am getting some guineas in a few weeks so I will be back in business.

I also got a high powered rifle with a scope on it so when the fox stops on the next hill over and takes a look back at me, I can reach out and touch him. Foxes are neat little animals but I also want to have my chickens.

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for all the losses, I hope you get that fox.

3. Keith

Keith New Member

I think a chicken story forum would be a fun idea.

4. Keith

Keith New Member