Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just love birds and would like some very nice looking geese as pets. I was doing research, what is your opinion of Brown Chinese Geese?

·
Registered
250 Posts
briannasellars said:
We also might show the geese
They are one of the better layers in geese. There very pretty too. But can be very territorial and live for 20-25 years. So be prepared to have them around for a long time! Lol, let me know if you get any! :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reinerchick said:
They are one of the better layers in geese. There very pretty too. But can be very territorial and live for 20-25 years. So be prepared to have them around for a long time! Lol, let me know if you get any! :D
I sure will!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have two young african geese. They are wonderful. They killed two ducklings when they were younger but now get along with all of the ducks. And sometimes peck ate the chickens but not bad

·
Registered
250 Posts
briannasellars said:
Ya me too and I like their swan-like-poshter too but I don't know if they will be to territorial.
All geese can be territorial. Doesn't matter on the breed, its just how some geese can be.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Now i dont have show birds just so u know. My africans dont have the dewlap. So if that is wat is bugging u about the africans dont worry. Same thing with toulouse. U can get them without the dewlap. I hate the dewlap. So ugly

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well we may not show, only reason we might is so my dad thinks he is paying for the feed and all that for more of a reason than pets lol. We have plenty of other animals lol!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts