Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hatches 1, 2, 3, and 4 have all been sold, with the exception of the blacksexlink cockerals. 26 of those little rascals, left over. I have got to find a market for these things.

Hatch #5 has been cooking now since 3/17, it consist of 41 black sexlinks, hatch date is 4/8.

Hatch #6 will be going into the incubator 3/24 or 25 and will be 40 rhode island reds plus 1 egg from the pet flock, hatch date 4/15 or 16.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Gee's twentynine, what ever are you doing with all your "free" time! I'm not sure you're keeping busy enough. ;) Congrat's on the incubating success!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hatch 5, 10 day candling. Pulled 7 duds. All 7 of the dud eggs were shaped the same narrow and elongated. Maybe I have a hen that's not being bred or maybe she's a domanent hen and the young roosters won't fool with her.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least you're seeing consistency with what eggs are failing.
Yep!
Saved eggs for 7 days, 7 duds. Now I need to try and figure out which hen is laying the duds.
You think my wife will mind if I borrow her lipstick to mark a hens butt? Even if I promise to bring it back!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hatch 6 candling.
Started on March 24, candling a bit early because I've got a busy week coming up.

41 eggs started
40 Rhode Island reds
1 mutt pet chicken (grand daughter's pet flock scicilian buttercup rooster)

Pulled 3 duds

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
9 or 10 out so far.

Had 1 with unabsorbed yolk-open navel-intestines out, so I culled him. I absolutely hate doing that, but it's been my experience, that death comes slowly and seemingly painful to these chicks.

I'll try to pop a few pics.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Upside down!

This iPhone is something else, just about the time I figure it out, I realise I don't have it figured out at all!

Going to try again.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts