Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum.. I brought home a funny pullet from a swap meet and hope for help identifying her. I will try to post a pic tomorrow. She has pronounced red ear lobes, small comb, black and gray crest, although smaller than most Polish. Black cape, and beautiful blue gray laced body. (Kind of like an. Andalusian)Really short little legs, no feathers on the feet, 4toes.Spreads her tail feathers like a turkey. I read that there are black crested blue Polish. Bantam? So what an intro with no photo to show you! Thought it would be fun to get started guessing Bee- I like your avatar!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, her comb and little wattles are red, pelvic bones still narrow, no eggs yet. The seller at the swap was not her owner and did not know much. Totally amateur getting a pullet from an unknown source but she was clean, healthy, and I was smitten!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
puppidoodle said:
Hi I am new to the forum.. I brought home a funny pullet from a swap meet and hope for help identifying her. I will try to post a pic tomorrow. She has pronounced red ear lobes, small comb, black and gray crest, although smaller than most Polish. Black cape, and beautiful blue gray laced body. (Kind of like an. Andalusian)Really short little legs, no feathers on the feet, 4toes.Spreads her tail feathers like a turkey. I read that there are black crested blue Polish. Bantam? So what an intro with no photo to show you! Thought it would be fun to get started guessing Bee- I like your avatar!!
Hi am trying to post some pictures of my funny little hen, see if I can do this!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These pix should be a little better to help me identify little Lale(La-lay), which is Turkish for Tulip. Her legs are very short, maybe 1.5 ". She does not have feathers on her shanks or tiny feet. Pelvic gap is about an inch. I don't think she has laid yet.thanks fo any help on her breed(s) and possible age. My SLW is 17 weeks to give size perspective

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
She sure is pretty, whatever she might be! If her skin is dark, then I still go with a silkie mix. I have some mixes similar to her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I will check her skin tomorrow , I appreciate the help. She doesn't really cluck, more of a high pitched crooning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
adorson said:
She sure is pretty, whatever she might be! If her skin is dark, then I still go with a silkie mix. I have some mixes similar to her.
Hi, I checked Lale's skin, it is as pink as a grocery store chicken, so guess no Silkie in her.. So for now I guess we will go with the Blue copper Marans x cream sidebar , her little crest sure matches. Thanks everybody! I never knew there was a blue Marans. The suspense builds! Will she lay chocolate, blue, green, or brown??? I am really hoping for those rich dark colored eggs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts