Free plans to my new 8x4 coop with 16x8 sealed run

Discussion in 'Coops, Runs and Housing' started by Diydaly, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

4ADDA7B3-E15C-4BE3-86E2-D2F0ABFD1BD4.jpeg Hi everyone , I’ve just built myself a new coop whilst In lockdown and decided to create a blog at the same time! The link below contains a full set of plans on how I built it and all the materials / tools required.. I’ve also put a YouTube video walk around together..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
    Bill Lohr, Slippy and Thomas Lippert like this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Very, very nice. Inside pics are always part of the enjoyment of seeing someone's hard work.

BTW, if you don't have a secure latch on the exterior nest it would be a good idea to put one on to keep predators from coming in that way.

Slippy and Thomas Lippert like this.

3. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

Thankyou robin your comments are much appreciated! I’ll add a latch to the nesting box

4. Slippy

Slippy Member

5. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

6. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful work! Good job. I am just curious, did you bury the wire underground to prevent digging predators from getting in?

Diydaly likes this.
  7. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

Thankyou sylie! yes I did , we are surrounded by woodland and have regular visits from foxes and badgers. A few years back our neighbour had a badger dig under and into their coop!

Sylie likes this.
  8. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

9. robin416

Do they also have an automatic waterer?

10. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

No that’s one thing I haven’t got rigged up yet.. I’m currently using a 2 gallon refillable drinker. I’m looking into making my own setup at the moment

11. robin416

I saw the barrel and thought that might be what it was for.

Diydaly likes this.
  12. robin416

What is your away from home job? Not trying to get too personal but when you see something like your coop the impression is someone who works creating things.

13. Diydaly

Diydaly New Member

I’m a service manager in the motor trade and mot tester , nowadays I spend most days in the office though.. I’ve learnt most my skills though hobbies and generally just “having a go” but I’ve always been quite particular and love trying to do my best at everything

Bill Lohr and robin416 like this.
  14. robin416

You might have missed your calling. Although you're able to do what you enjoy without the pressure of it being your job.

Huh, I did not realize you weren't in the states. Or you're an expat.

Diydaly likes this.