Free chicken books for kindle

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by BootedBantam, Sep 17, 2012.

1. sorrowsmiles

sorrowsmiles New Member

2. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

These free offers are usually for a limited time, but if see any any more on chickens I will let you all know!

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Cool! Just got it for my kindle. Glad you're a kindle, not a nook. (although I have both). Kindle rocks!

4. Happeesupermom

Happeesupermom Happee ChickenSuperMomma

Awww... I'm always looking for FREE books for my Nook! :)

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Just ordered Storeys two books and brought this one home. I'm having a very good day! (signed the contract for my new job too!!!). I'm rocking!

Attached Files:

6. BootedBantam

Good to hear EV. @Tinyhouse, I like the funny stories. I am starting a chicken library. Just scored two new books at a used book store and have six on kindle that I purchased for free. I also get free gardening ones too. But you have to look for those on your own. ~ I am enjoying this chicken journey and will share as I go.

If you have a favorite chicken book, tell me, and tell me why it's your favorite. What have you learned from books? The book I am reading now has some good quotes I will share when I am done reading it.

7. BootedBantam

Decided on old school book reading

Attached Files:

8. cogburn

cogburn New Member

978-1-59253-728-0

Attached Files:

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I looked for this book on Amazon and was only able to put it on wish list for kindle. I could purchase for $9.99. Then I went to Barnes & Nobel and found it for $11.99. Also found same title but different author that was free so I downloaded that. Not sure about ISBN posted as don't have access to digital books as yet. Will let you know.

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Yeah, I saw the paperbacks. His post said kindle. That's why I posted.

11. BootedBantam

Have you read it yet? I read 4 books this week alone. I also forgot I have this book that has a bird section, but not chicken specific

Attached Files:

12. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Be wary, that's a book by a drug company. Merial is a big pharma.

13. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Nope. Not yet. Been busy with other stuff. Started the gardening book though. (Free range Chicken Gardens). That's kind of nifty because it gives lots of garden lay outs. It talks about using fences to create zones so you can move your chickens from place to place - zone to zone / so they don't exhaust any one place down to dirt. It talks about what plants to allow access to and what plants to protect. Pretty great book so far. Well cause I like gardening and chickens. It would be great to be able to free range using these suggestions.

14. BootedBantam

It's a Veterinarian book. I have it for my dogs. It was very helpful and did not sell anything. I feel more confident taking care of a sick bird, since reading it.

15. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Yes I know it's a veterinarian book. I am a veterinarian. Lol

Glad you found it helpful. Just a word of caution. When they suggest solutions to problems...they're selling something.

16. BootedBantam

What is your go to book for chickens and health?