found out my bearded silkies DNA sex results today!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by realsis, Jan 22, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis New Member

Hi all! As you know I've been waiting for the sexing results for my silkies before they could be sent. As they just annexed my area I live into the city :( sadly I can't have roos. I found out I got one male :( but TWO female!! Thank God! So what I've done is replaced the confirmed male with another chick and purchased a " hen guarantee" this way if he/she turns up male they will replace him FREE of charge! I can give him a good home or send him back. I'm so happy that now my chicks will sent! The farm said he will try and send them TODAY!! I'm so excited ! I wanted to share with all of you my results! Soon my girls will be home!! I'm so happy!! Thank you all for being here for me!! I was so concerned that what if they all turned up male!! But thank God that wasn't the case! I can't begin to tell you how worried I was about this!! Whew, finally I know!! At least I'm starting out with two confirmed females, and one questionable. I might buy one more chick to make four. I just had to share the news with you all!! I'm so happy!!

2. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Yay congrats! What colors did you get?

3. realsis

realsis New Member

Hi there I got one blue, and two partridge colors! The names of the partridge are Wilma and Betty and the blue is Milly. :)

4. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Nice, can't wait for pics! 2 months old huh not so much chicks anymore. Still gonna be beautiful!