Chicken Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It really is. You had so many going at once it was impossible to keep up.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Penny turkey has 6 eggs, a serama has 5 eggs, two phoenix have 1 and 4 eggs, Yokohama has 6 eggs, and one of the cochin has 11 eggs, so there will be broody birds soon. Plus 12 muscovy and 2 turkey eggs in the incubator.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
So, what you're telling me is there's going to be another population explosion and I had better be paying attention?

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
On a slightly different note, I had to slow down for two gobblers in the road on my way home this morning. Spring is officially started.
Yup, watch out, they'll challenge you on the road. I used to laugh when mine would face off with cars, some folks are very fascinated watching them, and some folks are very impatient and angry when they are out in the road.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ha Ha, gonna be some chaos at Dan's house. At least you have a pretty good network selling your birds!
Five Midget White poults are on their way to a turkey farm in WI. The other two are in the brooder and will go to their new home next weekend. Mother turkey has gone back to her nest. I gave her the two eggs from the incubator that will hatch in a week; she can raise those two as I'm hoping they will be royal palm and replace RPy. The hen that laid them was royal palm-she was part of the trade to get the kids. We're getting our little boy in a week, I hope, possibly two weeks-and is he a cutie!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes- he is!! Kimmi shared a picture and it’s almost cute enough to hop in the truck for another visit.... almost! Haha jk you definitely know what I mean.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes- he is!! Kimmi shared a picture and it’s almost cute enough to hop in the truck for another visit.... almost! Haha jk you definitely know what I mean.
OM-If have that picture, please share it with the group. Kimmi is with her mom-getting her second shot, so I don't have it to share. His name is Toby.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The three turkey eggs from the incubator, now under Big Gray, didn't hatch on time, so I went out this morning to close down the nest. Gray has been brooding too long. But when I took the eggs from the nest, one was peeping. Big Gray might have a baby to raise yet. Penny, the midget white, should be brooding soon as she has over a dozen eggs in her nest. But, in the past she has had clutches of 17 or 18.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts