Chicken Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2- 1 year old hens met my 6 -2 week old chicks today. It was warm so I brought the chicks out to play in the yard. I gathered up Gladys and Alexia to meet them. I was nervous how they would react. They both looked at them, cocked their heads a few times, exchanged a few words and walked off. Hope this is a good sign for when the chicks join them in the coop!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
cluck_and_quack said:
My 2- 1 year old hens met my 6 -2 week old chicks today. It was warm so I brought the chicks out to play in the yard. I gathered up Gladys and Alexia to meet them. I was nervous how they would react. They both looked at them, cocked their heads a few times, exchanged a few words and walked off. Hope this is a good sign for when the chicks join them in the coop!!!
No pictures?!? =)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Great you are introducing them like you are. It should help when its time to transition them in with the big girls. The fact there is a group of them together helps too.

A couple weeks aog I introduced Chloe, one of my RIR's, while she was confined inside with me for the night, to the ducks who were in a separate bin next to her. She gave the funniest look. Stood up really tall and had this look of "what the heck is that!" and "I can't believe you brought those noisy things home!" She was clearly NOT impressed! Funny to watch chickens and their reactions to new situations and things. I bet the look on Glady's and Alexia's face was priceless. Now, go find that camera! You've got pictures to take! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
7chicks said:
Great you are introducing them like you are. It should help when its time to transition them in with the big girls. The fact there is a group of them together helps too.

A couple weeks aog I introduced Chloe, one of my RIR's, while she was confined inside with me for the night, to the ducks who were in a separate bin next to her. She gave the funniest look. Stood up really tall and had this look of "what the heck is that!" and "I can't believe you brought those noisy things home!" She was clearly NOT impressed! Funny to watch chickens and their reactions to new situations and things. I bet the look on Glady's and Alexia's face was priceless. Now, go find that camera! You've got pictures to take! :D
It was priceless. Too cute. They really just didn't care. I wish I knew what they were saying!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
cluck_and_quack said:
No! My phone was charging. And my 3 year old misplaced my camera some time ago! :( but next time for sure there will be pics!
Haha! One time I left my phone out, and my 6 year old daughter took so many pictures of the ground!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts