Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yaay!!!!!! I got my first ever egg from one of my chickens (not sure yet, but probably my Blacktail as she's the oldest). I'm soooo happy, as I've only had them for 1 1/2 weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Woo! Soon you'll have them coming out of your ears. :) No really, the first egg is always really cool. Good luck with the rest of your ladies!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
the first egg is fantastic, i was rely excited when i saw my first one sitting there...congratulations and here is to many more.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Yay! Love first eggs!!! They're the best! Mine looked like a rock sitting on the ground in the run. When I first saw it, I wondered where they had managed to dig that rock up from! You never forget a first egg. :D Take a look under the tail feathers of the suspected layer of the egg. You'll be able to tell by the vent.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats! Fresh shavings or what is your secret on keeping the nesting boxes so clean of poop?

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Congratulations!! It just seems to let you know that you are doing something right when they start to lay. And the first egg is the best egg!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts