finished my run today!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by realsis, Jan 21, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis New Member

Hi all! Got my run finished today and I'm so excited! I wanted to share with you all! My husband framed in our little coop into the run. It's about 8 feet by 8 wide by 6 high. the roof is covered with chicken wire and I'll be making some shade out of some roof tin or plastic soon. It has a door with double locks. Extra skirting is all around the perimeter to keep preditors from digging under. This is my first coop and run. Please tell me what you think. Thanks!

ForumRunner_20130121_162815.jpg

ForumRunner_20130121_162910.jpg

2. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Lucky girls...looks safe to me! This summer I'm going to work on getting some kind of cover for their outdoor pen. Knock on wood...I haven't had any trouble with preditors yet??? I think our Chocolate Lab helps! Jen

3. realsis

realsis New Member

Thank you! I can't wait! All I need now are my chickens! :) I bought three but had to get them DNA tested for sex as they are sillies and I can't have roos. They just annexed us in the city soo, :( no roos. I'm praying I got lucky and got girls! The suspense is killing me! I pray it works out! I can use some extra prayers if you would. I should know this week. Fingers crossed!!

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Very nice! Congratulations! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

5. realsis

realsis New Member

Thank you so much! :)