Finally a clucky hen!!

Discussion in 'Chick Raising Forum' started by aussiechicks, Oct 1, 2012.

1. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

image-3030069227.jpg

My silkie lady is now on day 3 sitting on eggs I purchased for her 3 silkies and 3 pekins. Do take her off each day for a quick walk?? Or do I leave her be, I've had to cage her in as she would get off then jump in another of the nesting boxes.

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Leave her be!! She'll get off long enough to eat, drink, and poo and then right back on! Don't put food or water close to her, because it could draw ants around her and the eggs. Congratulations!!!!

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Horray a broody hen! Always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

4. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

I really hope they hatch for her. She has 3 silkie and 3 pekin eggs.

5. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Congrats!!! Have fun with count down ... :D

(and) Like fuzziebutt said, "Let her be." Looking forward to hearing about the chicks!

6. rob

rob New Member

congratulations mate, keep us informed, i have a white silkie, my wife is looking for a black one.

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Rob, lots of silkies on New England Poultry Fanciers on FB. Those folks are all Silkie Crazy. Maybe they could ship some eggs. Closed group but drop my name if you need to. Good people. Funny like here. Lol

8. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

Rob I would love a white one we just bought this little girl the other day, I have ordered a white one from the breeder.

image-400442180.jpg

9. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

Just candled the eggs and the 3 silkie eggs have lovely veins and a tiny little heart. Only one of the pekin is fertile. Do I wait a few more days before removing the ones I think are duds??