Chicken Forum banner

Fertilised or not?

2587 Views 149 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  robin416
Hi guys I got a pekin bantam who has been jumping on pretty all of my hens iv never seen this in any eggs before he came, would you say this was a fertilised egg that could have went on to be a hatchling given the propper care? I’m positive this was from my coral nick hen.
Egg yolk Food Egg Ingredient Fluid

Food Egg yolk Liquid Ingredient Fluid

Food Ingredient Tableware Egg Cuisine
See less See more
41 - 60 of 150 Posts
Oh to be able to talk to your wife. Does she have her phone videoing her husband and his antics with his birds? Talk about a funny Youtube channel.

Marans are quite popular in some spots of the states. Some are very serious breeders of the birds. Of course those birds probably are not getting the same kind of attention as yours are getting.
You're having way too much fun with this. I can picture wife standing in the window shaking head watching her grown up husband with his birds. :ROFLMAO:
This seems to be becoming a daily thing with her now 🤭I’ll attach some other pics so you can see the colour in her neck I think it’s really cool.

I’ll also attach some other pics of the other girls. And the two boys.
Haha yeah I spend Mabey two three hours a day out back with them. I’m like a big kid running back into the house to tell her what the birds are doing somthing funny 😆
View attachment 46318
Haha yeah I spend Mabey two three hours a day out back with them. I’m like a big kid running back into the house to tell her what the birds are doing somthing funny 😆

You're having way too much fun with this. I can picture wife standing in the window shaking head watching her grown up husband with his birds. :ROFLMAO:
Sky Cloud Building Plant Road surface
Bird Beak Sky Wood Chicken
Bird Beak Phasianidae Feather Comb
Bird Beak Sky Wood Chicken
Plant Vertebrate Wood Mammal Agriculture
See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Oh to be able to talk to your wife. Does she have her phone videoing her husband and his antics with his birds? Talk about a funny Youtube channel.

Marans are quite popular in some spots of the states. Some are very serious breeders of the birds. Of course those birds probably are not getting the same kind of attention as yours are getting.
Haha I don’t think she does but I’ll say to her to start lol I take a lot of videos when I’m out their and pics I posted some more thier and I’ll do some more now.

the guy I got her from breeds for shows and ones that don’t make the breeding pen he sells but their still really nice birds.
Bird Phasianidae Chair Plant Grass

Bird Beak Sky Wood Fence

Bird Vertebrate Phasianidae Comb Chicken

Bird Chicken Beak Phasianidae Galliformes

Chicken Beak Bird Phasianidae Wood

Head Bird Vertebrate Chicken Comb
See less See more
They're on top of every elevated surface. That's a hoot.

Man there are some really nice birds in those pics. Good type, tight wings. Not easy things to attain. You've gotten hooked up with the right person.

Man there are some really nice birds in those pics. Good type, tight wings. Not easy things to attain. You've gotten hooked up with the right person.
Yeah they love jumping around on all the different bits around the keep can be funny to watch lol

when I’m next out I’ll try get a decent pic of every bird so you can see them kinda close up. Thanks I appreciate it put effort into building a decent flock and the guy I get them from has won multiple shows so his birds even the ones he doesn’t want to keep are really nice 😊

I popped outside and got you the best pics I could 😊
Bird Green Comb Phasianidae Beak
Vertebrate Mammal Snout Grass Terrestrial animal
See less See more

Bird Phasianidae Comb Chicken Beak

Bird Vertebrate Comb Phasianidae Mammal

Bird Comb Chicken Beak Phasianidae

Bird Beak Wood Galliformes Phasianidae
See less See more
Dang, his culls are some really nice birds.

You're going to have to tell me what all the different breeds are since I stink at knowing anything that isn't a Silkie or a Silver Spangled Hamburg.

Is that a Barred Rock in the first pic? I really really like that blue one. Heck, I like all of them.
Dang, his culls are some really nice birds.

You're going to have to tell me what all the different breeds are since I stink at knowing anything that isn't a Silkie or a Silver Spangled Hamburg.

Is that a Barred Rock in the first pic? I really really like that blue one. Heck, I like all of them.
Okay In the pics we have in order, speckldey,you know the cuckoo silkie then bluebell,partridge leghorn,bovan nera and finally a brown leghorn,

they’re all happy and laying eggs so I can’t ask for more 😊
Is a speckledy a breed? I thought you just gave her that name. Of course I knew the Silkie. I had never heard of a bovan nera but they are available here in the states.

I should tell you I sold out of all of my Silkies many years ago. I only last bird of the 15 I kept last year.

Yeah, bluebell. I love that color. The look of the partridge leghorns feathers makes you want to pet her because they look so soft. Are they anything like their white kin? Flighty and want nothing to do with you.
Is a speckledy a breed? I thought you just gave her that name. Of course I knew the Silkie. I had never heard of a bovan nera but they are available here in the states.

I should tell you I sold out of all of my Silkies many years ago. I only last bird of the 15 I kept last year.

Yeah, bluebell. I love that color. The look of the partridge leghorns feathers makes you want to pet her because they look so soft. Are they anything like their white kin? Flighty and want nothing to do with you.
Yeah it’s a breed more common in Europe I think.

umm not really the partridge one eats from my hand so does the brown but the little red Pyle one is like the he whitesdon’t want to come near haha
Bird Green Terrestrial plant Font Comb
See less See more
OK, now I need to see if that's a new breed available here.

Not having chickens anymore has we way out of the loop. Toss in a different country and that loop grows wider.
OK, now I need to see if that's a new breed available here.

Not having chickens anymore has we way out of the loop. Toss in a different country and that loop grows wider.
I’m not to sure if it’s available in the USA or not.

yeah I can imagine their are loads of breeds being made up all the time google is my best friend lol
They don't appear to be here yet. Everything I saw was in the UK.

Google does help but it's not infallible. I've looked to see what breed a bird is that I already knew and it threw several unrelated breeds at me.

Google does help but it's not infallible. I've looked to see what breed a bird is that I already knew and it threw several unrelated breeds at me.

I wonder if they have made their way across yet, I could always arrange for some eggs to be sent over if it’s a breed you’d like.

yeah iv seen myself having to get a rough idea from Google then ask more knowledgeable people like yourself. You’ve been a great help to me since I started my journey and I can thank you enough.

I got a couple of good pics this morning of the maran on my shoulder again, after I give her her morning feed which she likes to eat from my hand now it’s like she gets kinda restless until I go down to kinda level and she hops on for Mabey a minute then back off about her day.
Sky Building World Beard Smile

Sky Bird Building Beak Galliformes
See less See more
Look everyone, I'm Queen of the mountain.

I've really enjoyed your adventure into the chicken world. And your addiction to them. And picturing your wife tossing up her hands because she's given up. :D
Look everyone, I'm Queen of the mountain.

I've really enjoyed your adventure into the chicken world. And your addiction to them. And picturing your wife tossing up her hands because she's given up. :D
Haha I imagine her shouting that when she gets up their 😂😂

it’s been awesome im really enjoying them and wish I had gotten them years ago.

I already get the eye rolls when I start to talk about the chickens as if to say “here we go again” 😂
Yes, eye rolls. They're quite common here too for those that don't get it. It's OK, they don't know what they're missing.
Yes, eye rolls. They're quite common here too for those that don't get it. It's OK, they don't know what they're missing.
yeah I feel sorry for them never knowing that joy.
There have been a lot of people that discovered the birds in their retirement years and regret never having had them before. You just get a jump on them by a few years.
Reactions: 1
41 - 60 of 150 Posts