Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall someone moved and left their cat.I normally don't do cats but I've never discouraged their presence for rodent control.I felt sorry for her and started feeding her.Well,an orange tom started coming around and I started feeding him,too.Now a tiger stripe is showing up and I'm now feeding it.It was desperate to get in my house so I'm assuming it was a house cat someone left/dumped off.I started with one and now got three I didn't really want in the first place I've got a good idea how "cat ladies" get started.What's next?Kittens?:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Lol.. get them fixed if you can or you will have kittens... find a local TNR in your area, they neuter and vaccinate and release the ferals.. this way they can't overpopulate..
If the one wants in your house let it. ...great for inside mouse control too..

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't have a cat in the house because my 5 birds are loose or I would for rat control.I'll take pics when Dale comes home or I figure out how to do it with my phone.Right now I'm not happy with the limitations of my flip phone but me and smart phones don't get along.I have thought about trapping them and taking them to be fixed.Two I'm not sure of but the orange cat is definitely a tom. The tiger stripped looks pregnant but looks can be deceiving.One cat comes to me and is trying to make friends with my dog.The other two come when I shake the cat food but keep their distance.One really good thing I've noticed since I started feeding the cats is the wild bird population has decreased by at least 80%.I can't argue with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts