Chicken Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some truly portable fencing. I free range my chickens but want to section off an area of my property to keep them out. I would like to find some temporary fencing that is easy to put up and take down. Can anyone point me toward somewhere I can purchase this?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I will be using one this summer to control where my flock can graze. Mostly in hopes of getting in areas unsafe for my flock to be alone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Powderhogg - where are you planning on buying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Chicken Forum

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That would work for 1 area I want to graze birds on, but I feel the portable electric fence is best, as it will allow me to take my flock to better free range locations on the mountain near my home.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just ordered the temporary electric poultry fence in green from premier1. I will let you all know how it works out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do Jim. I should get it in a couple of days

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The fencing I ordered from Premier1 came today. It took all of about 20 minutes to unpack, unroll and set it up. While it is electric I am not using power to it for now. I set up 100' of it to keep the chickens away from my flower gardens. So far it is working extremely well and is very easy to use. I highly recommend it. I bought the green color so it blends in with the landscaping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts