Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
977 Posts
I have no idea. They scales look like they are lifted right up. Leg mites? I hope someone here can help you and your chicken. Poor thing

·
173 Posts
Bad case of scaly leg mites. My most effective method to treat leg mites is to dip their legs in used motor oil. Works every time and I've never had any negative side effects. Try not to get their feathers oily it makes them look dirty. You might have to redip their legs in three weeks to make sure you get them all with as bad as it is now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
 Thank you! I had gotten advice from a vet to dip her feet in soapy water for 10 days. I tried it did not work its so bad now most of the time she only uses 1 foot to stand on.

·
977 Posts
What happens if they have feathered feet? Is the only negative thing , that their feet will look dirty?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use teramicin spray works a treat quite expensive but I spray once leave 3-4 days and then spray again quick results every time. It's a turquoise colour used to use it on the sheep for foot rot, cuts etc

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple days ago I tried the oil thing and it worked! She was so happy she started laying again!!!! Thank you all!! Thanks troyer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts