Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 18 pullets from tractor supply. I got the start and gro food for them. I also got the screw on quart jar feeder . In like 5 hours they have eaten the whole jar. Should I keep jar full or just fill it one time a day? Does this grammer suit you?

·
Banned
984 Posts
I'm contacting management to eliminate this troll, so don't waste your time with this "I love chicken breasts" idiot.

·
Banned
984 Posts
Sundancer is our hero. That guy was the definition of a TROLL. To answer your question, with 18 pullets, I believe they will need more food than that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i should just keep jar full ? im new to this and they are awesome to watch. i will get another feeder in there tomorrow. they are prob 2 weeks old ... again thanks and sorry for getting rude

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have 18, I think you should keep it full. If they seem like they are eating to much leave in half way. Hope that's good advice:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
hi, always keep it full! i put out two feeders for mine so they have plenty. each day they get fresh food. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Keep food and water availabe 24/7 for chicks until they are completely feathered. They need all that food to help them grow. Once they are decent size and completely feathered you can feed twice a day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for replies. some of these are red sex links and some are rhode island reds. all are suppose to be pullets . i got deal at tractor supply $1.00 each. i have 15 barred rock ordered from Cackle hatchery should be arriving around april 15.

Attachments

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they should be laying maybe around july these are 3 months now. I got 15 barred rock that are 4 weeks now... so I may be giving eggs for Christmas...lol I will update pics and post pics of the rocks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts