Feeders????

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by charliechapman911, Aug 29, 2012.

1. charliechapman911

charliechapman911 New Member

What's the best type of feeder there is? How much are they? Where can I get one? I seem to be re filling my little one with my new chickens?? I need a bigger one but what one??? PLEASE HELP ???

2. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Tractor supply or even your local feed tore should have a aluminum 1 gallon hanging feeder. I think they go up to three gallons. I think the 1 gallon is like 20 dollars. I don't keep constant food in the coop I let me chickens mow my grass in the yard soni don't have to.

3. charliechapman911

Lol mowing the grass hahaha I live in Lincolnshire not the USA so I don't know where to buy one :)

4. rob

rob New Member

i let mine free range in the garden, so dont have to keep re filling

5. annlouise

annlouise New Member

where about s in lincolnshire are you Charlie?? pets at home stock a range of chicken stuff including some good sized feeders

6. charliechapman911

I live in a little town call spilsby but there is a pets at home in Boston or Lincoln but I have been in there and there quite expensive thanks

7. Shanebaby

Shanebaby New Member

Make your own
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. ChickensSayMoo

ChickensSayMoo Junior Member

I live in Australia and have a rat & wild bird resistant feeder. It even has a storm cover, so you can use it inside or out of the coop.
    It is made here, but I am pretty sure that they can sent to the rest of the world. I don't work for this company or anything, but have been super happy with there products & service is wonderful too! It holds 4kg of food, & I have 6 chickens using it (not all at once). No chicken food waste at all, and the chickens worked out how to use it very quickly.
    The name is Dine-a-chook or this is the link
    http://www.dineachook.com.au/brands/Dine%2da%2dChook.html

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  9. ChickensSayMoo

ChickensSayMoo Junior Member

Sorry I am having trouble working out how to delete my previous message. I just realized I shouldnt have put the link! :eek:

10. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Should be an edit button at the bottom right of your post. You just click that and delete anything that you don't want in the post. :)

11. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Nice handiwork there Shanebaby! I'm liking your ingenuity.

12. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

As you do not work for that company it's not an issue.