Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
My boss was telling me about something like that. I'm glad you posted a picture so I know what it is now. I'll probably build one this weekend

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
I've tried the PVC feeder and found that, in humid weather, they tend to cake if one uses mash feeds. Then the birds empty out the feed in the trough but no feed comes out of the tubes due to the caking.

I use trough style feeders now and I don't have feed waste because I feed wet, fermented feeds. I used to use trough style with my dry mash and just put welded wire over it to prevent flicking and scratching and had no feed waste then either.

Now I use a rain gutter feeder for my trough. Love it!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Hmm is there more than 1 ? Seems like it would cause fights over who is going to eat first. I just toss my feed on the ground in the morning and they free range for food the rest of the day.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Not impressed with this...sorry. Too much work involved and takes up too much space. Just utilize a trough with a piece of wire fencing over the top to prevent flicking and scratching and you've got a feeder that creates no wastes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts