Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Clean with warm water washcloth and apply triple antibiotic ophthalmic ointment. If you don't have ointment, flax seed oil or cod liver oils ill often work wonders. Apply 2-3 times a day making sure the eyes are clean prior to application. Hope it isn't respiratory disease as you may need further systemic antibiotics as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I buy the ointment from and previously she had red eyes too and was gasping but I thought I had sorted that with a wormer and a washout for her gut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was gasping about 3 weeks or so ago but I thought I had sorted that with some verm x and a gut washout where would I find the ointment please . And thank u so much for your help , I live my ladies and don't want anything to go wrong with them .

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
You would either have it from a vet it human doctor as it is by Rx. But if you don't have any, then the other options often do wonders. Anything with Omega FA will be helpful

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Energyvet said:
You would either have it from a vet it human doctor as it is by Rx. But if you don't have any, then the other options often do wonders. Anything with Omega FA will be helpful
image-3030758778.jpg

Not too sure u can see it very well in the pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Actually that's a pretty good pic. Looks like local irritation to the tissue around the eye. Eye is open so likely globe/ eyeball itself is not affected. Sometimes it can be from insect bite (spider, bee). If you want to pursue vet care eyes are not that different between species. Or you could also try benedryl topical ointment. DO NOT get it IN the eye but apply with Q tip to affected area around the eye. Or Hydrocortisone cream/ointment could also be used. That's OTC and you may have some in your medicine cabinet already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts