Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vw not had a fly problem with my coop or run until today. Granted its triple digits today but I put up two disposable fly traps in the run, but I'm not sure what to do for the coop. I clean both everyday, but still, the flies are there. I also found a few ants in the coop. Would DE help with these issues? How do you remedy flies? Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
TJsGirls said:
Vw not had a fly problem with my coop or run until today. Granted its triple digits today but I put up two disposable fly traps in the run, but I'm not sure what to do for the coop. I clean both everyday, but still, the flies are there. I also found a few ants in the coop. Would DE help with these issues? How do you remedy flies? Thanks!
Fly bomb or fly spray during the day, lock the girls outside.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flies seem better today, the traps are doing their jobs, but I will get some DE for the ant issue. There aren't many but there must be a strawberry or something yummy buried in the sand. Thanks all so much, of this doesn't work, I'll try some sprays.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I found this idea on Pinterest.... And it worked for us..... Plastic sandwich bag fill with water and add a few shiny pennies ... Hang these around the coop/pen in the sun! It seems to work for us around the duck pen. I also saw it at an ice cream place and they said it was working for them too!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pjs said:
I found this idea on Pinterest.... And it worked for us..... Plastic sandwich bag fill with water and add a few shiny pennies ... Hang these around the coop/pen in the sun! It seems to work for us around the duck pen. I also saw it at an ice cream place and they said it was working for them too!
Nice, easy, cheap, I'm in! Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts