Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems as though my flock and chicks are bored they always want to get out of the coop or brooder I put CDs up and nothing suggestions? I have herd of a treat ball just haven't gotten one

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
cant you let them out for a wander ?
i have a hanging bell in my coop. they also like a mirror. and a pecking block or lettuce hung from the roof will keep them busy.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I bought mine a treat ball from Tractor Supply. Its about the size of an orange and pulls apart to fill with treats. Both my chickens & ducks love it. They learned how to use it soon as I showed them. Cost about $5.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
That's simple....change your setup to get them out of the coop! I've never seen a bored chicken out on pasture, as they are too busy being chickens as they were intended to be. It really doesn't take much to put chickens out on healthy soils and grass, just a little time and a little extra money~initially~and then the system pays for itself for years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can never get them back especially in an emergency I hate to let them out but they usually do get out once a day if not more they just always seem to rush the door :p

·
977 Posts
They will come back , give them a chance. They love looking for bugs in the grass. Keep them happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts