Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have around 40 chickens at our home. Most of the are at a big coop on the hill. They free range from dawn till dusk. I have a good idea how many eggs I should be getting in a day. Well the last few days, I did not get as many eggs as usual. Figured they had a hidden nest somewhere. So I checked their usual spots and nothing there. So I set out on my Egg Hunt!
I checked under a brush pile we have been meaning to burn. There it was! A nest of about 30 eggs! Not knowing how long they have been there in the 80 + wether we have been having, I hard boiled them and crushed them up shell and all. Return them to the girls as a treat!

·
1,466 Posts
We have around 40 chickens at our home. Most of the are at a big coop on the hill. They free range from dawn till dusk. I have a good idea how many eggs I should be getting in a day. Well the last few days, I did not get as many eggs as usual. Figured they had a hidden nest somewhere. So I checked their usual spots and nothing there. So I set out on my Egg Hunt!
I checked under a brush pile we have been meaning to burn. There it was! A nest of about 30 eggs! Not knowing how long they have been there in the 80 + wether we have been having, I hard boiled them and crushed them up shell and all. Return them to the girls as a treat!
someone thinking of going broody on you?
clearly you just need more chickens :)
how about some buff orpingtons?
we have 36 babies here at our place & more in the bator

piglett

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
lol I had the same thing happening here. I should get 10 eggs a day, well 9 now since I have one sitting on eggs. Well I've only been get 5 so I know someone is laying somewhere I just havnt found it yet. In the fall my husband found 22 eggs under his snow blower lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apyl said:
lol I had the same thing happening here. I should get 10 eggs a day, well 9 now since I have one sitting on eggs. Well I've only been get 5 so I know someone is laying somewhere I just havnt found it yet. In the fall my husband found 22 eggs under his snow blower lol.[

I have 4 pullets and they are all laying for about a week. Went out today to collect my 4 eggs and there were 5!!!! Didn't know they could lay 2 in the one day???!!!!!!

·
1,466 Posts
Apyl said:
lol I had the same thing happening here. I should get 10 eggs a day, well 9 now since I have one sitting on eggs. Well I've only been get 5 so I know someone is laying somewhere I just havnt found it yet. In the fall my husband found 22 eggs under his snow blower lol.[

I have 4 pullets and they are all laying for about a week. Went out today to collect my 4 eggs and there were 5!!!! Didn't know they could lay 2 in the one day???!!!!!!
i got 3 silkie eggs from 2 silkie hens 1 time :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts