Chicken Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thrilled I have 7 eggs in the home made incubator. I can't wait to candle day ten, send me good vibes. I had more eggs but shell quality was poor. My youngest hen lays the smallest but lays the most clean with good shells. Can't wait to see the babes

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purebred Ameraucana eggs. I am spoof excited and nervous lol I can barely sleep. I check that incubator it seems like every 20 mins

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do, hoping to catch the hatch on video it's going to be an amazing time. Fingers crossed I have no issues

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Candled today and 3 are def alive and well but the other 4 are questionable. I don't trust my eye so I will leave them in. :(

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Learn from it and move on. Call them. Sometimes they will replace or refund. I've heard the post office sometimes kills them with a scanner?!?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Energyvet said:
Learn from it and move on. Call them. Sometimes they will replace or refund. I've heard the post office sometimes kills them with a scanner?!?
They were laid by my own hens, and my roo is forever riding those girls, I have 6 more in that are due April 10th, if they fail I am calling it quits

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know they were fertile, I cracked one open saw the lump and almost fainted seriously I thought I was tougher than that... Guess not

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I'm sorry. There are lots of people here that are very good at hatching. The one that comes to my mind is twentynine. I'd PM twentynine and get some advice. No one is perfect. No one gets it 100 % the first time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
a good thermometer is a must most of the ones that come with the incubators aren't very good if you are using a tabletop styrofoam model then spend a few dollars at www.incubatorwarehouse.com and get a better one they have pretty fast shipping and are reliable I have 2 incubators going right now with Delaware, Welsummer and Narragansett eggs in them and the thermometers that came with the incubators were very off. It took me a lost hatch of 28 eggs to realize that it was the temp and humidity. Don't give up it is amazing to watch them hatch :D

·
Banned
162 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
another note..I noticed how you marked your eggs next time use a pencil and mark nearer the top of the egg at the air cell area felt type pens and othe type can get chemicals into the eggs..just a tip hope you try to hatch more :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts