Egg

Discussion in 'Egg Quality & Storage' started by zookeepwr, Oct 14, 2012.

1. zookeepwr

zookeepwr New Member

After my "No Eggs Yet" posting a couple of days ago. We have egg. Small so far but at least it's happening. Thanks for your posts.

Attached Files:

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

What a perfect little egg! Congratulations. You're back in biz. :D

3. rob

rob New Member

congratulations, i had my first egg today as well

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Eggs a plenty! Wooooo Hoooooo! Wish I had some. Still eating eggs from Costco!!!!! So sad. :-(

5. zookeepwr

zookeepwr New Member

Now that I'm getting eggs, I have a new problem. One of my Golden Buffs is laying very bumpy eggs, anyone know whats going on?
    Thank You
    Ken

Attached Files:

• Egg.jpg
      Egg.jpg
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

I've had a few eggs like that too! I'll be waiting to see what they say!?? Jen:)

7. Bee

Bee Active Member

It happens. I don't know that there is a reason or rhyme for it, but it happens. Shouldn't be a problem for a new cycle of lay or even ending a cycle and sometimes it happens in between. It's just a glandular issue and usually only temporary.

Shouldn't be a problem unless you notice other oddness with her shell production as she goes along and then it would be one I'd mark for possible culling. Habitual abnormal shell production can lead to reproductive problems(internal laying, egg peritonitis, egg bound, etc) later that could result in pain and suffering for the bird, so I usually anticipate those problems and cull before the bird suffers.