Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone out there sells their eggs for per dozen? (And what state)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in CT. Do you need a license to sell eggs? Is that type of thing regulated or can any backyard chicken keeper sell eggs?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I could get $4 easily here, but prefer to sell to friends at $2. Walmart has some kind of supposedly free range eggs for $5/doz. (Not endorsing Walmart.....just saying)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Upstate South Carolina........the market here is from $2.00 to $2.75 per doz.
I dont sell mine. I give them away. It frustrates my wife because I do. She says to "recoup some of the cost" for the feeds and such I purchase all year long for the Birds,..the goats,...the Turkeys,....rabbits,....kitty kitties....and all the deer that consume my garden.

I should.....but I didnt go into it to make money...yes Im losing me arse here.!!! LOL!

I started this a while ago for our benefit...the eggs the chicken dinners....the ribs on the grill...the T-day meals....and the education our grandkids are getting. Growing up back...well.....loooong time ago,...my family did not sell our stock.....mom would however trade or barder for items......Guess thats where Im at.

Times are getting harder.....Bird keepers are not like most folks. We are independant to a degree. Learn to help out others......the rewards of coming off the grid or out of the "SYSTEM" are great..!!

Happy day!

·
Registered
126 Posts
North Carolina - $2.00 a dozen large fowl eggs & $1.50 a dozen bantam eggs. Does anyone know what Coturnix quail eggs are worth?

·
Banned
825 Posts
Last year...I got $ 3.00 per dozen from a select few "customers".
I haven't sold any this year. But WILL soon.
(They might be a little higher -doubtful- although feed prices are higher. BUT,
they won't be any cheaper.)

in semi-rural NW New Mexico.
-ReTIRED-

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Monterey County Ca and have heard a dozen for $5 sometimes a bit more. Haven't sold any of mine yet but plan on starting soon, probably for $4 or $5 a dozen.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Indiana in the middle of a farming community.

Brown eggs. I started out at $3 a dozen. Hens were out producing the demand.

Local "Farmer's Market" selling white for $2 and browns at $2.50

Changed my price to $2 and now the demand equals the hens output.

"Profits" from the eggs almost pay for the feed.

·
Grumpy Farms Chicken & Duck eggs
47 Posts
TheLazyL said:
Indiana in the middle of a farming community.

Brown eggs. I started out at $3 a dozen. Hens were out producing the demand.

Local "Farmer's Market" selling white for $2 and browns at $2.50

Changed my price to $2 and now the demand equals the hens output.

"Profits" from the eggs almost pay for the feed.
Wow. That makes "cents". Our hens have been out producing our sales by a lot. We have deduced to just donate as many as we can to the local shelters and food banks. Grumpy...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts