Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 hens are all doing well since I brought them home. 2 seem to be laying well, (it's only been about 4 days since I brought them home) the third has yet to lay any eggs yet. She is shy but seems to be the smartest one out of the bunch. They were all hatched last summer so they are all only just turning one. The eggs are blue and one almost has a green tint. Will they darken with age or will they always be this light?

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I believe the color will stay the same. I think that's one reason why people like EE is the beautiful color of their eggs.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I think it is the bird ... or that has been in my experience over the years. Right now I get a light green, a olive green, one pale blue and my son has a banty that will give us a robin egg blue. (and it is not much larger than that also.lol)

Of all the eggs over the years most have been on the pale side but very pretty non the less. :D

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I'm from New Jersey in the East Coast. I've lived in Ohio, Wisconsin and Nebraska too. But now I'm back where I started in NJ. I've had a lot of friends throughout my life that were Geminis. Are you in May or June?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts