Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another first egg from one of my girls today. I was showing it to my wife and one of my daughters who happened to be visiting and she said I should throw it away that you weren't supposed to eat the first eggs of a young chicken. I am no expert but I have never heard this. It's too late anyway because I have been eating the others' first eggs and plan to eat this one as well. Anyone else ever heard this?

·
Registered
132 Posts
broncorckcrwlr said:
I got another first egg from one of my girls today. I was showing it to my wife and one of my daughters who happened to be visiting and she said I should throw it away that you weren't supposed to eat the first eggs of a young chicken. I am no expert but I have never heard this. It's too late anyway because I have been eating the others' first eggs and plan to eat this one as well. Anyone else ever heard this?
I sure hope not because I are every one of my hens first eggs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I ate all my chicken's first eggs. Still alive and well. So are my chickens. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ate all the eggs from the beginning. So I do not where your daughter got the at idea from..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've heard the first egg story but it's nonsense. There's nothing different from a food perspective about any fresh eggs.
One should refrain from the desire to incubate pullet eggs however. Not enough space or nutrition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts