Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love Easter. That's when we get all these candies in egg shapes and candy eggs and cute plush chicks and just chicken galore!!!! I've always loved and bought those wind up chickens that take a few steps then lays a bubble gum egg.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
LOVE Cadbury eggs!!! Just bought a bag of the marshmallow fluffs today. Different colors that there used to be when I was a kid. Hard to get into Easter right now here even with the new chicks & baby ducks at Tractor Supply. The 3 feet of snow on the ground and tall snow banks reminding me its still winter here for another good month yet. =/

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to see snow! Only experienced one year when I was in KY/TN but it was very light.

I bought these last night a chick egg that had Reese's mini cups in it, then Reese's pieces in egg shapes.

Attachments

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
I will swear that Cadbury eggs used to be bigger. I thought they were the size of a large egg and now they are small to medium. I still love them though. I have two boxes stashed away to hoard. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
They are smaller. Guess as with anything in stores these days. =( Love it when the inside is good and runny. Hate when its like a solid lump of sugar. Great, now you all have made me crave the buggers and I'm vehicle-less so I am stuck at home. On the bright side, I guess that saves me from too many calories I don't need. :p

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
That heavy big flake snow we get sometimes robopetz, is so pretty. In the morning you have that sunlight on the frosted trees and they just glisten like diamonds. It really is pretty. Just sure does get old though when its getting to be Spring and here we are still plowing and shoveling the stuff!

Attachments

·
17 Posts
I loved winter in Michigan and Alaska. Now that I'm in Oklahoma I miss snow, snow days, and all the fun things to do with and in snow. Thanks for posting your picture, 7chicks.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Since we're on the topic of Easter, thought I'd share my stunt I pulled on my girls last Easter. Sweet Macie, she didn't know what to think about those funny looking eggs but after checking them out, she laid down and went to work on laying her egg for the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
7chicks said:
That heavy big flake snow we get sometimes robopetz, is so pretty. In the morning you have that sunlight on the frosted trees and they just glisten like diamonds. It really is pretty. Just sure does get old though when its getting to be Spring and here we are still plowing and shoveling the stuff!
Thanks for sharing this, after reading your explanation of it. I felt as if I was in snow for a bit. Lol. I took a trip to WA and the coldest it got was 30 I was shivering lol. The site and experience of it is fun. But "feeling" the cold wasn't fun to me.

You have a great momma hen there to sit on even the unusual eggs. Hahaha Cute!

·
Registered
839 Posts
AuroraHawk said:
I loved winter in Michigan and Alaska. Now that I'm in Oklahoma I miss snow, snow days, and all the fun things to do with and in snow. Thanks for posting your picture, 7chicks.
We're you in Alaska recently? I am still here, after 14 years. The hubby and I think we may have to relocate. The winters just seem to get longer as we get older!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know right!?.... Y'all look out for me on hoarders. Chicken edition. Hahaha no no just kidding!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Some of my chicken stuff has come from family members of patients I've cared for as a thank you. Those are my most treasured pieces. When they find out I have chickens for pets, they get curious and want to know more. Gives us something to talk about and it seems to lighten their load for a little while. Those girls of mine provide me with ample stories to share and make my patients & their families laugh. Schedulers have gotten used to being asked to send the chicken lady for their aide visits. :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts