Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our duplex chicken coop is 1/2 way done.
All that is left is the siding on the 2nd half...all the interior work is done on both sides.
Will it rattle our light bantams too much if I finish the siding on the (attached) other half?
I am using a nail-gun, which makes only one bang per nail instead of 3-4.
They will have lots of room to run around when it gets loud.
They were born April 5th & have been in our garage in wading pools ever since early May. :(
I think the noise will be less stress then being so crowded.
There are 20 of the bantams & they are quite large.
I desperately want them to have a proper house, & it may be 2-3 days before the next half has siding because I have to deconstruct pallets for the siding.
We could have our 'chicken-moving party' tonight as the neighbors are eager to help us carry them out to their new abode, they are all fascinated & our nearest neighbor, BTW, is 600 feet away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think it should be fine. I am always modifying my chicken coop. Last week, I was using a drill to put screws in some siding I put up. They usually go in the farthest corner from the noise, and the curious ones come and watch me. My turkey tried to help! :D OK, not really, but she sat close enough that I kept bumping into her. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

We will move them tomorrow. Wife brought home work & wants to participate fully in the big move.
The 2nd half will be nearly done by tomorrow evening, & I am relieved they can move into their 'Princess Palace' as my wife calls this half.
The other half will be the 'Hotel No-Tell.' My idea :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Love the names! My husband calls our coop the pallet palace. He built it out of pallets. I like to call it the chicken saloon.. oh the fun we have with chickens!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts