·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
We have almost an inch of ice

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
ackkk! Did you lose power? That's a lot of ice accumulation.

I can't believe I didn't hear about that. Usually I do.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
No we had power. The storm 2 weeks ago we lost power for a day

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Been kind of all discombobulated here the past 24 hours. Right now I'm sitting here drinking coffee and planning what thing I need to touch next.

Yes, snow can cause so many issues when it's wet and heavy but ice is a problem no matter how much occurs. We had one ice storm the first winter we lived here. They did a good job and had our power back on in three hours. But because of where we live there was no way to get out because they don't possess road clearing equipment. Not for snow or ice that is.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Duke and Moe today.
Duke is 100lbs and Moe is 103.1 (he was a vet for annual checkup)

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Seeing them side by side it makes me wonder how Duke could be only three pounds heavier. I guess it's that whole camouflage thing of thick fur?

What's your guess on Duke's finish weight?

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Moe is the one who is 3lbs heavier. Duke is all fluff which makes him look bigger lol. Dukes father is 200lbs and huge his mom is around 125 ,both are very tall and solid. Im.thinking duke might reach 120 once he stops growing in 2 years as him and moe are very active ,so he won't put on the weight like his parents or one sibling who is still on the farm. Plus duke is now neutered so he might not get as bulky as his brother or father

Here is moe with duke when we got duke

FB_IMG_1576986366228.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Lol! Dukes dad is a maremma. His mom is a kangal/ anatolian shepherd/maremma mix

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
OK, I just looked each of the breeds up. It says that the Maremma gets to about 100 pounds, how the heck did his daddy end up 200? Momma's genetics could see him hitting 150 fairly easy.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
His father is huge,very tall and stocky, that's what the guy said he weighed, I have my doubts as I saw both parents and If he is its cause he is overweight. He has twice as much fur as duke ,but I'm sure he wasn't a true 200.

I'm hoping duke stays at 100lbs.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
I'm kinda thinking that's one wish you're not going to get, not as young as he still is.

My last German Shepard was 125. Both of his parents were huge and direct German descendants.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I can hope lol. Friends of ours have CAS. At 7 months old their Male was 170. Huge dog. . His paws were twice the size of dukes. Other friends have 4 great pyrenees, they are bigger then duke too. .
I'm hoping since he got neutered early he won't bulk out like his brother. 2 more years to go till he stops growing lol

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
He is a bit bigger lol. 2 more years to go till he stops growing hahaha

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
You need one of those spots on the wall where you can measure how much he grows each month. Bet it would be a bit surprising.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts