Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only two brooders i keep my chicks, ginea fowl, and ducklimgs together in the larger one and keep my two geese in the other. I had two ducklings that were too big for the chicks anymore so i decided to put them with the geese. The next day i found out that the ducklings were dead. The seem to have been killed by the geese. They were of similier size the geese were just a little bigger so i dont think they were stepped on and crowded out. Do geese normally kill other birds?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, geese are pretty mean in general, and they may have felt the ducklings were outsiders and attacked. I'm so sorry for your loss.:/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it sucked to find out. Dont get me wrong i love my chicks, but i rather have two of them die than my ducklings. They were cresed ducks. One yellow one black. The black one was so tame :(

·
Banned
825 Posts
I had a GOOSE bite me near my Wallet when I was about 7 years old...... OUCH !!!
I haven't trusted Geese ever since......although I've hunted them successfully when I lived in Colorado.
FUN to hunt !!! (paybacks ...you know.)

BUT....I still think that GEESE are MUCH MORE FEROCIOUS than Dogs.
( I'm doubtful that I'd let my Boxer-Dog tangle with a GOOSE ! He'd WIN....but I'd have Vet-Bills !!! )

SPOOKY CRITTERS....them-thar GEESE !
:) :) :)
ReTIRED
P.S. The GEESE make GREAT "Watch-Dogs" however. ( Kinda like a MEAN "Junk-Yard Dog" )

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When they get older do u think it would be safe to coop the geese up with the ducks and chickens or should i make a seprate section for them? The coop is on another property that i can only go to during the weekend. Its a two hour drive

·
Registered
187 Posts
EdisNiksic said:
When they get older do u think it would be safe to coop the geese up with the ducks and chickens or should i make a seprate section for them? The coop is on another property that i can only go to during the weekend. Its a two hour drive
I'm not so sure any of them are going to be safe being 2 hours away. Is somebody else going to be checking on them during the week for you?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes a neighbor checks on them, but not all the time. I geuss this is an insentive to start building a new larger coop. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts