Duck, Duck, ... Chicken???

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by 7chicks, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Just some random pics I've taken lately of my girls. :) #1 Tillie Sue, #2 Lilah Michelle, #3 Sophie May, #4 Alyviah Joy

Attached Files:

2. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Nice looking girls!

I have Alyviahs sister ... :D lol (or one that looks just like her.)

3. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Love your pics! Cute names too and love your backgrounds!! Jen:)

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Thanks. They're pretty spoiled. I'm taking in my cousin's daughter's hen this week. Not sure if she's a RIR or a red sex link. Just know her name is Butterscotch and she's a little over a year old. Trying to figure out how that name is going to fit in with the other 7. ;) A fox got into the shed she kept her ducks & chickens in. Butterscotch is the only one who got away and survived. She's done with poultry now. Too hard with working full-time and being single mom with 2 young girls. Looking forward to our little addition. Happy to be able to keep Butterscotch in the family for Brianna. I live a couple hours away but I'll post some pics for her on facebook etc. periodically.

Readjusted the coop today so there's an extra nest box, redid Lilah's perch, and made a hidey spot inside the run for Butterscotch if she needs. Hopefully the adjustment period will go smooth and quick. Getting too chilly at night here to be able to use the tractor coop for temporary separation. I leave so early for class during the week too and it doesn't warm up here for another 3 - 4 hours after I've left. Cross your fingers for me that all goes well. :) Not sure which day she'll be coming here yet. I just know its sometime this week. Hubby gets to bring her home in his little old 2-seater fiero. Hahaha. Nice and cozy! :D I'll die laughing if she poops and stinks him out on the way home. If I'm nice, I'll pack a couple extra piddle pads to put in the carrier. :p

5. rob

rob New Member

great looking birds those. and nothing wrong with spoiling them. :)

6. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Beautiful photos and birds,:)

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Love the one sitting with the ducks! Pretty ladies.

8. ScottV

ScottV New Member

Great pics. I've got a 7 week old Barred Rock that's growing a comb and waddles like your girl and I was afraid mine was a cockerel.

image-3956382876.jpg

9. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I thought she looked a lot like my Sophie too. Sophie used to be a wild child for me to hold or catch. After she went through her first molt in the middle of January this past year, she tamed up. I had to clean the coop so I wrapped her up in an old towel, brought her in the house entrance, and set her in a cage near the woodstove. After she realized what I was doing for her, she got nice. Chickens are no dummies that's for sure.