Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Blue D'uccle chicks that are a little over 3 weeks old. There the same size, but one has a bigger crest? I think it's called, sorry lol. New chicken person! But anyways, does that mean he's a rooster??

Here's some pics of him:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reinerchick said:
I have 2 Blue D'uccle chicks that are a little over 3 weeks old. There the same size, but one has a bigger crest? I think it's called, sorry lol. New chicken person! But anyways, does that mean he's a rooster??

Here's some pics of him:
Anyone have a guess atleast??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Big comb but little coloring so it is 50/50. Also a crest is the feathering some breeds have on their heads, wat u are thing of is called a comb.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EdisNiksic said:
Big comb but little coloring so it is 50/50. Also a crest is the feathering some breeds have on their heads, wat u are thing of is called a comb.
Darn, and oh thank you! Lol! Not very familiar with the whole chicken anatomy yet. Still learning :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: so he's grown a lot since this thread started. And his comb is starting to get bigger and bigger and turning red. I'm pretty sure he's a roo...but anyone else??

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think it's still up in the air.. I don't think that combs/waddles are a very good sex indicator because waddles on hens can get really big too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts