Chicken Forum banner

is this the right choice for the company?

• No! DT should stay a dollar!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Its what has to be done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes I think its good

• shrug

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, dollar tree is a great store that sells things for only $1. We all love that we can go and get a quick snack or craft or deodorant, and know it will cost us close to nothing. Dollar tree is the only store left of its kind that truly sells things for only a dollar. Dollar General and Family dollar sell from 1-20 dollars on average, and No one wants to spend $20 at a dollar store! The cheap prices of DT are great. WELL TODAY THAT CHANGES. Due to the prices of shipping and things, in general, are making dollar tree change the one and only true dollar store, into something terrible. Things will be going up for 1.30 and 1.50, and no longer will tax be 7 cents. This terrible happening is also caused by staff shortage and unemployment, and no one wants to get a job at DT currently. This may happen soon at your nearest Dollar Tree, but hope and pray this government price raise does not become reality.
Banknote Currency Money handling Money Cash

·
Registered
478 Posts
What???? When did this happen??? This is terrible!! My life is ruined, although I hate shopping at dollars stores but this will affect many people.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Wow, did not know, are you sure about all this??
I have a dollar general located about 2 minutes from my house, and a dollar tree about 13 minutes away. Rarely I ever go to dollar tree unless I need a drink or snack!

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Silkie Girl and @Animals45, I don't think this has happened yet, but is planning to happen soon. Yes silkiegirl, I agree my life and yours is terrible now because dollar tree is the best but now its the dollar thirty tree. 🤣 Anyway I heard about this and really hope its not true, but think it is. :(

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
@Silkie Girl and @Animals45, I don't think this has happened yet, but is planning to happen soon. Yes silkiegirl, I agree my life and yours is terrible now because dollar tree is the best but now its the dollar thirty tree. 🤣 Anyway I heard about this and really hope its not true, but think it is. :(
I know it hasn't happened yet, let's hope it doesn't either.

·
Registered
478 Posts
We just went to the dollar tree, actually. And yes, it's true. They haven't bumped the prices up yet. They said it'll be the first of next year. Haha! That's hilarious!

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update on THE TRAGEDY:

this $1-$1.50 price change would not be as drastic if other stores like dollar general had not already raised prices. At the end of the year, it is averaged that things will be 1, 3, and 5 dollars. freight costs are the main cause of the rise and it would automatically be hard to stay in business if the prices weren't changed.

Most people who are loyal and thankful for dollar trees' low prices might not buy from there anymore and that could majorly impact sales. $1 in 1986 would inflate now to about $2.30 now.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
I would have to go to Dollar tree, but right now I'm on vacation.. I do not know if they raised the prices yet. Is this happening at Dollar general also?

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would have to go to Dollar tree, but right now I'm on vacation.. I do not know if they raised the prices yet. Is this happening at Dollar general also?
I think that inflation is happening like in all stores, but not specifically. Hey! I thought you wouldn't be able to get on, welcome back! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts