Ducks : Dogs and Ducks

Discussion in 'Waterfowl' started by Apyl, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Anyone with ducks, have a dog/s also? At first our dog wasnt keen on the ducks but after hatching a duckling and rasing it indoors with the dog he is now one of the flock.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. anderson8505

anderson8505 New Member

I don't have ducks, but that's a great photo! We introduced our chicks to our Labradors as soon as we brought them home. The chicks were in a tote on the front porch, so every day, several times a day I'd stand there with the dogs and just talk to them and pet them while holding a chick so they could sniff them. Eventually they learned that these weren't for eating, and they never bother the chickens. It's important to spend time doing these things.

3. FinnFjerkrae

FinnFjerkrae The Dane

Yep...
    [​IMG]
    But get tired of guarding the ducks. It's very exhausting

4. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

Great picture! Our Yorkie loves the chickens. She wants to kiss them & play tag like she does with the kittens. They're so confused by her!

image-1232086268.jpg

Here she is a few days ago watching the meatsies.

5. ssweatman

ssweatman New Member

My ducks are my favorites. I let them out of their run when I am in the yard. They run down to the stream for a quick swim and then follow me every where. They are always on my feet and I trip over them. It's actually endearing.

6. Dansark

Dansark Junior Member

I have a "duck " That looks abit like the big fella with the collar ,alot more fuzzy though! Lol! The real duck here wont share the pool!

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Pretty dog Finn.

8. jjwilson72000

jjwilson72000 New Member

Our's have learned to share the yard.

Attached Files: