Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone with ducks, have a dog/s also? At first our dog wasnt keen on the ducks but after hatching a duckling and rasing it indoors with the dog he is now one of the flock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't have ducks, but that's a great photo! We introduced our chicks to our Labradors as soon as we brought them home. The chicks were in a tote on the front porch, so every day, several times a day I'd stand there with the dogs and just talk to them and pet them while holding a chick so they could sniff them. Eventually they learned that these weren't for eating, and they never bother the chickens. It's important to spend time doing these things.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great picture! Our Yorkie loves the chickens. She wants to kiss them & play tag like she does with the kittens. They're so confused by her!

Dog Carnivore Wood Mammal Mesh

Here she is a few days ago watching the meatsies.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My ducks are my favorites. I let them out of their run when I am in the yard. They run down to the stream for a quick swim and then follow me every where. They are always on my feet and I trip over them. It's actually endearing.

·
5 Posts
I have a "duck " That looks abit like the big fella with the collar ,alot more fuzzy though! Lol! The real duck here wont share the pool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts