does this look like a puller or a roo?

Discussion in 'Chick Raising Forum' started by realsis, Jan 26, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis New Member

I was hoping someone with more experience and a good eye could tell me if my chicken looks like a pullet or roo? I pray she's a she! Can't have roos where I live, but what do you all think. What's you're opnion? Thanks so much for looking!! Just want some opnions.

ForumRunner_20130126_055058.jpg

2. realsis

realsis New Member

This is a closer look

ForumRunner_20130126_055851.jpg

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I've heard Silkies are pretty much impossible to tell. Gotta wait for an egg or a crow. Crows generally are before eggs by about 4-6 weeks. Or you could blood or feather sex. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful immediately.

4. realsis

realsis New Member

Yes I DNA tested the two little ones and know for a fact they are female. However the older one I purchased a hen guarantee on but I'm so in love with her/him it is going to be so hard to part if she is a he. They just annexed where I live into the city which sucks because now I can't have roos. Although down the road some they can have them. But my neighbors wouldn't have it! :(. I might consider ordering a DNA test on this one too. It's the waiting that kills me! Wish they we're do at home results! I can grab a test for about 20 bucks. Just thought maybe someone could take a guess with a better eye than I have.... I just want some opinions...

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Wait it out until he crows. Same outcome right? Either you keep her, or you rehome him and get a replacement. Or get a replacement and keep him inside. I don't know that I would spend the extra $$ at this point.