Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago one of my 2 easter Eggers was killed by a neighbor's dog. The one left has been ok until the last couple of days. She has spent most of her time roosting or in her nesting box. Hasn't laid an egg in 3 days. What should I do? Lonely.
Terri E..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got 3 1 month chick's from a friend. Will introduce one slowly to Ebony and see what kind of reaction I get! Ebony has still remained in nest box. She took a little bit of treat from me but no water. Any other advice about introducing them?? Thanks .

·
Administrator
24,628 Posts
She's letting them know she's the boss. If nothing else is going on with her you should see a big improvement in her overall condition.

I have a boatload of Quail because my one remaining hen was not happy about having new pullets as roommates. I swapped the pullets for some quail from a friend of mine. The hen was over the moon about them. She thought they were chicks and treated them like they were. She's gone now. So, I'll let the quail gradually die out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last night hen went back to nesting box.i put chicks in brooder into coop with her. She just now came out of nest while chicks in there with her. Out of brooder. They are scared. She keeps pecking at them.she went outside. They are now alone. I don't know what to do!!🥺🥺

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
2,168 Posts
2 weeks ago one of my 2 easter Eggers was killed by a neighbor's dog. The one left has been ok until the last couple of days. She has spent most of her time roosting or in her nesting box. Hasn't laid an egg in 3 days. What should I do? Lonely.
Terri E..
You should give her lots of cuddles and love and treats and tell her everything will be fine and just give her a comfortable safe space.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts