Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was given 3 eggs, all a different breed. So I built a DIY incubator and put them in, now he is getting excited and really so am I. So let's all cross our fingers and hope at least one hatches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well day 23 and nothing yet, candled one egg and can see an outline of a small chick but no movement noticed. Should I just throw in the towel or wait a few more days? :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Schwap said:
Well day 23 and nothing yet, candled one egg and can see an outline of a small chick but no movement noticed. Should I just throw in the towel or wait a few more days? :(
My chicks usually hatch in 20-21 days. I have not had a chick hatch after day 22. Sorry, can you try some more?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right around 100 degrees, when we cracked eggs open one was about 5-6 days into development and the other two did not look like anything. Hopefully we may try again:)

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
My broody is on day 19 also...sitting on eggs from a very old flock and fertilized~or not~by a very old rooster. She started with 6 and is now down to 3. I don't have much hope for a hatch of any kind but I couldn't tell her "no" on this brood...it will be her last and she's been a good mother hen for me.

I hope she has a few chicks just this one last time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts