Chicken Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
pics of their momma's

i currently have a small "quad" of Dark Cornish and just ordered some hatching eggs from a breeder of DC's down south. here is a pic of the mommas;

"The Indian Game is a large fowl. Cocks weigh from 8 to 10 pounds, and occasionally exceed this greater weight. The hens are much smaller than the males, and it is a good one that reaches 7 pounds, though greater weights are attained. Many hens weigh from 5 to 7 pounds,-a few are heavier. The difference between the weights of the males and the females is more marked in this breed than in most of our domestic fowls." - H.S. Babcock 1891

·
Banned
825 Posts
Anyone out there with a GOOD line of Dark Cornish large fowl????
I haven't ANY Dark Cornish at present. BUT, I am also INTERESTED in learning the answer to your question. I'd like to include Dark Cornish in a "breeding-mix" that I plan to initiate.
So....I'll be observing THIS "thread"....and IF I hear of "an answer" to your question, I'll let you know what it is or WHO it is...that has such chickens available.

THANKS for asking THAT question ! :)
-ReTIRED-

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't ANY Dark Cornish at present. BUT, I am also INTERESTED in learning the answer to your question. I'd like to include Dark Cornish in a "breeding-mix" that I plan to initiate.
So....I'll be observing THIS "thread"....and IF I hear of "an answer" to your question, I'll let you know what it is or WHO it is...that has such chickens available.

THANKS for asking THAT question ! :)
-ReTIRED-
Thanks, I have a few myself but its a very small flock and I'd like to build on it but finding good ones has been very difficult to say the least!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts