Dark Cornish - aka Indian Games

Discussion in 'Breeds & Genetics' started by BuckeyeChickens, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Do we have any breeders of Dark Cornish (formerly known as Indian Games) out there???

If so, please post some pics!!! :)

2. BuckeyeChickens

pics of their momma's

i currently have a small "quad" of Dark Cornish and just ordered some hatching eggs from a breeder of DC's down south. here is a pic of the mommas;

[​IMG]

"The Indian Game is a large fowl. Cocks weigh from 8 to 10 pounds, and occasionally exceed this greater weight. The hens are much smaller than the males, and it is a good one that reaches 7 pounds, though greater weights are attained. Many hens weigh from 5 to 7 pounds,—a few are heavier. The difference between the weights of the males and the females is more marked in this breed than in most of our domestic fowls." - H.S. Babcock 1891

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

3. BuckeyeChickens

Anyone out there with a GOOD line of Dark Cornish large fowl????

4. ReTIRED

ReTIRED New Member

I haven't ANY Dark Cornish at present. BUT, I am also INTERESTED in learning the answer to your question. I'd like to include Dark Cornish in a "breeding-mix" that I plan to initiate.
    So....I'll be observing THIS "thread"....and IF I hear of "an answer" to your question, I'll let you know what it is or WHO it is...that has such chickens available.

THANKS for asking THAT question ! :)
    -ReTIRED-

5. BuckeyeChickens

Thanks, I have a few myself but its a very small flock and I'd like to build on it but finding good ones has been very difficult to say the least!!!