Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have 9 months old brahma boy. And he started crowing few days ago.
He crows only at afternoon and 4-5 times in the spesific hour. He has a funny voice and not so loud but i afraid when he grow older he may get louder too. Will that happen or will his crowing stay the way is was? Because if he starst to bother the neighbours then i have to let him go, cause my mother says she'll chop his head off.
For now he s voice low enough.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Sorry, but he will get louder as he gets more confident. There is a product like a bridle of sorts that can be purchased to keep him quieter. I can't remember what it's called?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but he will get louder as he gets more confident. There is a product like a bridle of sorts that can be purchased to keep him quieter. I can't remember what it's called?
I tried to put some cloth on his neck as a collar, to make him get used to it, because he'll need it in the future but he got mad and fought it off.. I heard that there's such a thing as no-crowing collar, and you can make it yourself from fabric etc. But i dont know how im gonna make him use it. He's kinda grumpy about it..

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Not only will he get louder but he will start crowing before dawn,at random times all day long and in the evening before it's time to roost.If you want to keep him, better start work on some collars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts