Chicken Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Something looks it might be wrong. Look at how her eye is not bright looking and round. I see missing feathers. I'm beginning to thing you've got a mite problem going on.

BTW, I think she is a Light Brahma.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something looks it might be wrong. Look at how her eye is not bright looking and round. I see missing feathers. I'm beginning to thing you've got a mite problem going on.

Omg a mite problem??! I saw tiny red bugs on the ground once... omg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I read an article to put DE everywhere in the coop and on them and then spray the coop with 2 cups water 1 cup cooking oil and a table spoon of dish soap

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Like concrete mites on the ground one crawls on my chicken how do I prevent them crawling on her???

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
DE won't do much more than what sand does. I've checked again and again for scientific proof that it does what claims make. All that's out there is testimonials by the company and people who use it. No actual proof.

Look to get the stuff dawg recommend for your birds. Treat them all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DE won't do much more than what sand does. I've checked again and again for scientific proof that it does what claims make. All that's out there is testimonials by the company and people who use it. No actual proof.

Look to get the stuff dawg recommend for your birds. Treat them all.
Mind just telling me what to get so I can look it up

·
Registered
351 Posts

I don't think she's a Light Brahma. Light Brahma's have pea combs and feathered legs. Here's a pic of a Brahma and it's pea comb.
thumbnail_IMG_0532.jpg

download (1).jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
She's either a light sussex or a Columbian Rock. Columbian Rock would be my guess since the folks you got her from said "some rock."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts